We’re in the final stretch of 2018, Q4. Budget meetings are happening and strategies are being fine tuned as healthcare facilities look toward what’s known and what’s unknown in the year ahead. For many hospitals, it’s time to review relationships, contracts, and make decisions.
Have you reviewed your MSP?
Let’s talk about what we know.
- Staffing is one of the largest cost centers for hospitals.
- Staffing presents one of the greatest areas of opportunity to manage costs and improve efficiency without compromising care.
- The market has changed. After double-digit growth in 2015 and 2016, due in large part to the Affordable Care Act, the market has since tapered to single digits. Projected growth in 2018 and 2019 is 3% and 4% respectively. What does this mean to healthcare facilities and staffing? The flattening of the market presents cost savings opportunities hospitals can take advantage of.
An MSP will help you address the above, but the question is – are you working with the right one?
Here’s what we don’t know, but you do.
- Is your MSP keeping up with your staffing requests? What’s the fill rate?
- Does your MSP respond promptly?
- Are you presented with the top candidate for each position or does your MSP send you a barrage of profiles for you to sort through?
- Is your MSP committed to you or to their own best interest?
- Do they keep their promises?
If your answer to any of the above is “No” or “I don’t know” then it’s time to reassess and take a hard look at your options before you renew your contract.
Watch our video to learn what makes FocusOne Solutions different from other MSPs. Then, let’s have a conversation.
Alan has over 10 years of extensive experience in the healthcare staffing industry. His experience includes Account Management for a leading nationwide staffing firm, Aureus Medical Group, in the Nursing, Rehab Therapy, and Pharmacy Divisions. In his current role as Director of Business Development for FocusOne Solutions, Alan manages the business development team and markets the company’s managed services program by identifying and developing client relationships, responding to requests for proposals, and growing FocusOne’s overall portfolio of business. Since joining FocusOne in 2011, company growth has been 10 fold while impacting healthcare facilities nationwide with thousands of employees. Alan has been recognized as a President Club recipient five times (2013 – 2017), and recognized as the “Success Award” recipient through Leadership Resources amongst candidates in the State of Nebraska.